Saturday, September 4, 2010

Networking as a Job Search strategy

Friday I was teaching another session of our Job Search curriculum. It was devoted 100% to professional networking. First time in my life I was talking about that subject for that long. So I was not sure if we have enough material to discuss. But in reality, I think, we can easily double the time.

We spent most of the time working with LinkedIn, which is without any doubt the most powerful professional networking tool of todays world. How much time would we need if we look closely at how to use Facebook, MySpace, Plaxo, and maybe few more resources.

When it comes to looking for a job I would normally prefer to work on how to use LinkedIn individually, on case-by-case basis:
- how to identify contacts
- how to approach them
- what to ask for

All of that is very much the subject of a customized approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment