Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Epoch Times published an article on Portnov Computer School

Today we were answering lots of calls generated by an article published in "The Epoch Times" (Chinese newspaper). I am not even able to tell you what it says since I cannot read Chinese. The reporter promised to send me the translation in English but I do not have one yet.

I think the article is kind of appealing to readers - we've got tens of calls today. 3-4 people even stopped by to talk.

Before the collapse of the Internet bubble, in 1999-2000 the school had about one third Chinese students, one more third - Indians, and the remaining third - Russians. Somehow the end of the Internet boom impacted dramatically the focus of the Chinese community in what is a good enough choice for a career change minded person. Definitely it was nos IT field, which is being outsourced overseas. So far outsourcing does not influence our job market much - the demand is pretty good.

I really hope we can bring back Chinese students, show them the perspective, the attractiveness of the Software Testing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment